Saturday, September 6, 2014

Baked Sweet and sour Chicken

 
 
 
Hello Everyone!
 
Today I want to share you one of my favorite recipes ever, well most of the recipes I will share is something I really love, I can't promise you that its all healthy though! haha!
 
 
Anyway, Me and hubby loves Chinese take out we usually have it on weekends and if we can eat it everyday we would, or I would! Maybe it's because I'm Asian and eating American food everyday makes me miss Asian food all the time!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I made this a lot of times, I think one of the most memorable ones is when I made this for my mother in-law when she visited us here in North Carolina.
 
 
 
 
Baked Sweet and Sour chicken
 


Adapted from: Six Sister's Stuff (Best website ever)
 
Ingredients:
 
  • 4-5 Boneless, chicken breast
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 1/2 cup cornstarch (or more)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
Sweet and sour sauce:
 
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 tablespoons of ketchup
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions:
 
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
  • Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
  • Place cornstarch and beaten eggs in separate bowls.
  • Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture.
  • Cook the chicken until it's browned.
  • Place the chicken in a 9x13 baking dish.
  • In an medium sized mixing bowl whish together the sweet and sour mixture.
  • Pour over the sauce on chicken and bake for one hour or until the sauce is thick enough for you.
 
 
-I like to make it sometimes with onions, Green bell pepper and Red bell peppers if you want to do that too just sautee them while your baking the chicken then mix it when it's done.
 
-If you like your sweet and sour chicken saucy you can double the sauce.
That's it! Enjoy! :)
 
Xo-Jen
 


No comments:

Post a Comment