Saturday, March 11, 2017

Beef Caldereta (Kalderetang Baka)



Hello everyone!
How is your weekend going?
After our trip last weekend we decided to just relax at home this weekend
I can say its a good decision,

I decided to make another Filipino dish.
Maybe, I'm getting homesick?
Or I just really miss this dish.

This is actually the first time I made this.
I have awesome friends that makes delicious Kaldereta.
But, I'm too far from them :(
So I need to learn to make them myself.

I think I did good. 
This was so delicious.
I will definitely make it again.
Let me know what you guys think! 
xo



Beef Caldereta (Kalderetang Baka)

Ingredients:
  • 3 lbs beef (chuck roast), cubed
  • 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • ½ cup tomato sauce
  • ¼ cup banana ketchup
  • 2 large potatoes, cubed
  • ½ red bell pepper, cut into strips
  • ½ green bell pepper, cut into strips
  • ½ cup green olives
  • 1 cup garbanzos (chickpeas)
  • 1 small can liver paste (4oz.)
  • ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 Tbsp pickle relish
  • 2 pcs Thai chili, sliced and seeds removed (or more if you want it more spicy)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil for sauteing
For Marinade:
  • ½ cup pineapple juice
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 pc bay leaf
  • ¼ cup soy sauce
  • ¼ tsp black pepper
  • ½ tsp salt
Directions: 

1. In a bowl, combine pineapple juice, garlic, bay leaf, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Marinate beef in mixture for at least one hour. Drain, saving the marinade.
2. In a large pan over medium heat, saute garlic and onion in olive oil until onion is translucent. 
3. Add beef and saute until juice starts to come out. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. 
4. Add saved marinade, tomato sauce, ketchup, liver spread, pickle relish and half of the bell pepper  Mix well. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer with occasional stirring for 30-45 minutes or until beef is almost tender.
5. Add peanut butter, potatoes and the rest of the bell pepper. Simmer until potatoes are almost tender. 
6. Add garbanzos, green olives and Thai chili. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
7. Remove from heat. Serve with hot rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment