Friday, September 22, 2017

Basic Hummus



Our vegetarian diet hasn't been perfect.
But, I can say that I've been sticking to it especially during the week.
Last week I finally got to make Hummus!

I can't believe how easy it is.
This recipe that I tried is the basic one.
There's so many recipes that I would love to try next time but I figured I better
try the basic one first.
This was so delicious.
So good with Pita and you can serve it with veggies, sandwich spread or anything you desire!



Homemade Hummus


Ingredients:
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas
  • 2 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/4 cup water or more until desired consistency
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1-2 tbsp olive oil
  • chili flakes for garnish
Directions:
  • Place chickpeas in a blender or food processor with garlic, lemon juice, cumin, paprika and water. Blend or puree until very smooth, adding more water as needed to thin out to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper and add 1-2 tbsp olive oil to help achieve a super creamy texture.
  • Serve with pitas, crackers, veggies or sandwiches. 
  • Enjoy!






xo
-Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment